Makeup artistry is my job and as such, it doesn’t mean I am dolled up to the max every single day. Quite the contrary, I am a total minimalist when it comes to me and the jobs I do. If you follow my artist work, you may have noticed I get booked for a lot of clean and soft makeup looks, it is where the real money is at. And of course, there are times when I do creative colorful gigs or I have red carpets and go all out for my clients.
The most crucial aspect of a no-makeup look for me, personally is the skin prep. When the skin is in good shape, layered accordingly to the weather, time of day and lighting, it looks amazing on a no makeup LOTD. This was my goal as I created my look. Less is more. I am giving you two photos, one is outside with glorious 4pm lights and the other one not so wow, inside a train because as you can probably tell, I was on my way to New York City, fluorescent lights not so cute but you get the idea, the makeup still looks soft.
1) I used two different moisturizers before I applied makeup. Today was a humid day but this doesn’t mean I don’t hydrate. My skin is dry so it needs a strong base of hydration for most foundations to look dewy/ sheer on me. My go-to moisturizer is Embryolisse Lait Concentrate, it’s so perfect I just love it. Shortly after, I used Intraceuticals Daily Serum, I focus on my dry spots across my frown line and around the eyes area. This serum feels very light and it adds radiance. Luminosity is my second most favorite finish when it comes to my skin (or my clients).
2) This was a day LOTD and I grabbed my Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation SPF 15 HD in OC 2. Koh Gen Do makes fabulous foundations, I have this and the moisturizing one as my daytime darlings, for me formula is everything and this particular brand is all about Jojoba Seed Oil, Olive Squalane & Shea Butter, no parabens or petroleum. The finish is sheer and gives enough coverage for a real no-makeup look. I don’t even use a brush with Koh Gen Do, I literally will use my hands to blend this on myself, like a moisturizer, it feels like one.
3) I have a little darkness under my eyes and used NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Medium Custard. Notice a trend? The word radiant is repeated on another product. I love this concealer because it is creamy and never feels heavy, covers well and blends perfectly into Koh Gen Do foundation.
4) After these two steps, I curled my lashes and used L’Oreal Voluminous Miss Manga in black, two coats. I like this mascara because the wand allows for very quick application and zero clumsiness. I don’t want to spend more than two minutes on mascara so I move on to my brows.
5) Brows are important. I’ve started using the Senna Cosmetics Precision Brow Pencil in mink. I purchased this to try using pencils after years of being mostly Senna Brow Powders and I gotta tell you, I love this pencil. It comes with a brush that’s so detailed, it makes the application process easy, 3 minutes of filling in and brushing out to get that soft look I like.
6) Last is applying a little blush. I actually went for NARS Contour Blush in Paloma color but if you notice my face, I do not contour. I hate seeing lines and obvious severeness in my own makeup especially daytime, so with this particular product I just glided and blended a little bit, mostly to give myself some glow/ dimension. This duo is matte and I love that it is subtle and it works well on creams.
Hope you liked my LOTD no makeup but I am wearing makeup, feel free to ask me any questions.
**Koh Gen Do, NARS concealer, Senna Brow Pencil and Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentrate were my own purchases and NARS Contour, L’Oreal Manga and Intraceuticals Serum were given to me as press samples, ALL opinions and review are my own.
**This was a collaborative effort, check out what my other beautiful blogger friends created 🙂